“This is my comfort in my affliction,
that your promise gives me life.” ~ Psalm 119:50 (ESV)
God’s Word to me is the best comfort there is – don’t you agree? Yesterday morning I read Lori’s interview with Rebecca St. James at CWO’s web-site. One particular phrase hit me right between the eyes: “I want to thrive, not just survive”. But how I can thrive? Only by staying close to His Word…So this year, from time-to-time, I would like to share passages from His precious Word with you during our Thankful Thursday gatherings.
One Bible I carry with me at all times is my ‘precious’ all worn out — pages falling out — taped back together — highlighted in different colors — New Living Translation. Although we are using the ESV at church (which I also use it for my studies), the NLT was the best for me to make the transition from German to English. I know – it is only a thought-for-thought translation…I think it is a great ‘entry level’ translation to His Word…IMHO 🙂 . I hope you don’t mind that I share passages from ‘my’ NLT today.
I am thankful for His precious Word…
- He has removed our sins as far from us
as the east is from the west. ~ Psalm 103:12
- “You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.” ~ Matthew 17:20
- When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Silence! Be still!” Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. ~ Mark 4:39
- Then Jesus called to the crowd to come and hear. “All of you listen,” he said, “and try to understand. It’s not what goes into your body that defiles you; you are defiled by what comes from your heart.” ~ Mark 7:14-15
- And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul’s message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth. As a result, many Jews believed, as did many of the prominent Greek women and men. ~ Acts 17:11-12
What are you thankful for this week? Would you like to share with us by leaving your link below?
If you have not seen the Laced with Grace Bible Study giveaway, I encourage you to head on over to find out how you can enter to win 😛
Thank you for stopping by today and continue to be part of the Thankful Thursday community. Remember: let us thrive in 2009 by staying close to Him, His Word and love…
Current Mood: Blessed † & Thankful