Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I have sworn an oath and confirmed it, to keep your righteous rules. I am severely afflicted; give me life, O Lord, according to your word! Accept my freewill offerings of praise, O Lord, and teach me your rules.
~ Psalm 119:102-108 (emphasis mine) (ESV)
First, I would like to thank all of you who have been very patient with me over the last couple of months regarding my lack of visits to your sites…it is a long story and maybe I will blog about it some day…
I am so thrilled to see what the Lord is doing with Thankful Thursdays…it is so cool. Just think of it as a testimony to the world that even in the storms of life, He is the one Who holds us together. He gives us the ability to praise Him in the storm and through tears.
So, this week, I will give you a short list of Scripture passages (ESV version) that I am thankful for – all listed and more have held me together…
- Strength – “I can do all things through him who strengthens me” – Philippians 4:13
- Peace – “And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:7
- Grace – “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me..” – 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Hope – “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” – Jeremiah 29:11
- Mercy – “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” – Psalm 23:6
- Rest – “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
- Forgiveness – “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace.” – Ephesians 1:7
As I had mentioned last week, I am doing a Bible study by Beth Moore. The study is called “Stepping Up”. The study is based on Psalms 120 through 134. If you are looking to do a study, I highly recommend this one. I am awaiting the member-book shipped by a dear friend (thank you Angie) since we don’t have a Lifeway store where I live.
So, what are you thankful for this week? Please do share with us by linking your post below…I am looking forward reading yours over the next couple of days…
Thank you for stopping by this week. Always remember – strength, peace, grace, hope, mercy, rest and forgiveness are at your fingertips…
Current Mood: Thankful & Blessed †